Monday, April 20, 2009

Full Body Wash Needed

High School Prom was last night. Today, thousands of pictures will be posted on Facebook displaying some of the cleanest, most well dressed teens money can buy. Prom is once a year; it’s a lot of work but the results are astounding. They are so clean and shiny!

I was so inspired, I paid $5.00 for a car wash today. I didn’t know my car was silver! Thought it was brown. Before the bath, the inside looked like I still have toddlers in tow – gum wrappers, one shoe, and a foreign substance that might be worth patenting as “super-glue.”

I like when my car is clean. I like when my friends are clean. Going without a car wash daily when you live on a dirt road is acceptable but I haven’t found a good reason for people to go without bathing every day. Call me a fussy. Call me controlling. But don’t call me if you haven’t showered this week. I’m not interested. Why is it that some teens look like they are waiting until Prom to use shampoo and a little soap.

Remind them that they are making an impression EVERY day, not just on special occasions.

Thoughts?
Lisa j

No comments: