Monday, April 27, 2009

Front End Alignment

My car keeps pulling to the left. If I let go of the wheel on a straight road right now, I will end up in a ditch. I’m guessing I need an adjustment. It is amazing how a little tweak of 1 or 2 degrees can make all the difference in the world.

It’s not just my car that needs the adjustment. More often that not, it’s me. Just a little tiny shift in tone, facial expression or word choice can make or break a relationship. I’m not talking about a radical overhaul – I’m talking about the compounding effects of the small choices over time. Get an oil change or not. Compliment her or not. Check the tires or not. Respect him or not.

Small but mighty, an alignment of positive choices over time will be the determining factors that will point to where you are in years to come - with or without a car, with or without a relationship.

Thoughts?
Lisa j

No comments: