Thursday, July 24, 2008

The smell of a new book

How ridiculous to sit on inches from the front door sniffing the cover of the newly printed book. After two and a half years of toiling over the words that would race across these pages, it was time to just sit idle for a while and take in the fumes of "hot off the press."

Like a great relationship, I want to take it all in, I couldn't seem to pull my self away from it.

The UPS man is on his way to my humble abode to deliver a new batch. I almost want to put my ear to the ground to see if I can keenly detect his path. Instead, I will wait with fingers perched above these keys until I can finally declare...THEY"RE HERE!!!!

Be still oh my soul!

2 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

I can't wait to get my hands on my own copy! I'm so excited about your book signing on August 4th!
Love you, Lisa and I'm so proud of your hard work! This has been a long time coming and I know everyone who reads it will be blessed. They have no idea what is in that head of yours! Glad to say I do!
Much love,
Angie xoxo

Angela Baylis said...

I checked my calendar and sure enough I had marked it for August 5th! Thanks for the clarification! I'd hate to show up a day early! :)